As a traditional establishment, the prevention of gambling addiction is a serious concern for us. We therefore regularly put our player protection measures to the test to ensure that they are always up to date with the latest findings and procedures.
Our gaming staff are trained in all the technical aspects of gaming operations and, especially, in recognising players at risk of addiction. In such cases, our Player Protection Officer is there for them. They are the primary contact if someone is potentially at risk and is responsible for the further development and consistent implementation of our social concept. They receive all the data and information so that any necessary steps can be taken immediately if need be.
Players at risk of addiction and their relatives can easily contact us at any time, as described in the Immediate help section below.
Casino Wiesbaden supports addiction prevention project
We support the registered association “Addiction support and youth welfare” (Sucht- und Jugendhilfe e. V.). In our view, the association is doing excellent work and helping to educate and prevent addiction with its magazine “Addiction Support” (Sucht-Hilfe).
We take player protection seriously
Are you afraid that your gaming behaviour or that of a relative is problematic? Then contact us immediately! Our Player Protection Officer is a competent contact person.
- Have a talk with us to examine your gaming behaviour.
- Find out about the possibility of a gaming ban.
In assessing problematic gaming behaviour, we use the findings and procedure of the recognised South Oaks Gambling Screen as a basis. In the event of a problem, we will refer you to fully qualified, professional counselling services.
Player Protection Officer:
Tel.: +49 611 536 150
Our employees are always ready to listen to you – so please don’t hesitate to contact us directly at the casino. Your enquiry will immediately be forwarded to our Player Protection Officer on a confidential basis.
Our office hours are from 2 to 4 pm, or by appointment, on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
Our goal is for you to feel really good at our casino, to enjoy hours of entertainment and to have good memories of us. So, we’d like to ask you for a small favour for your own good:
Please do a quick, honest check of your behaviour when you visit our casino. Cross your heart!
Our little check consists of 9 questions:
- Do you spend a lot of time thinking about your gaming – e.g. thinking about new winning strategies or planning how to raise money?
- Have you already tried to limit or control your gaming and found it difficult?
- Has your gaming behaviour already led to problems in your relationships with those close to you?
- Have you been playing more often or longer than before in order to experience the same level of excitement as before?
- Have you ever concealed, or tried to conceal, your gaming from other people?
- Have you ever become restless or irritable when you were not playing or when you were playing less?
- Have you played more and more frequently because of gaming debts, hoping to win back your losses?
- Have you ever done anything illegal to get money for your gaming?
- Have other people ever paid your gaming debts because you were desperate due to your financial situation?
If you answered "yes" to several questions, you should be aware that your gaming behaviour may be problematic!
Under the following link, you will also find an interactive Self-test to enable you to examine your gaming behaviour. At the end, you will receive detailed feedback.
The self-reflection questions used come from the website:
They are being used with the kind permission of the German Federal Centre for Health Education (BZgA).
If you think that you or a relative are at risk, do not hesitate to seek advice and help from a gambling addiction facility if necessary.
“German Federal Centre for Health Education”
Bundeszentrale für gesundheitliche Aufklärung
For anonymous enquiries and consultations
Centre hotline: +49 800 137 27 00
“Specialist gambling addiction counselling at the Wiesbaden addiction support centre”
Fachberatung für Glücksspielsucht im Suchthilfezentrum Wiesbaden
Schiersteiner Straße 4
+49 611 900 48 70
“Evangelical addiction counselling centre”
60322 Frankfurt am Main
+49 69 15 05 90 30
“Wildhof addiction support centre”
Löwenstraße 4 - 8
+49 69 981 95 30
When gaming becomes an addiction
A brochure issued by the German Federal Centre for Health Education (BZgA)